Just about 3 hours from Singapore, Malacca is a favourite amongst many Singaporeans looking for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of Singapore work-life.
Here are some things you can do when in Malacca town.
1) Meandering around all the tourist spots, take a stroll along the Malacca River and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the hoards of tourists.
2) Explore the quaint shops along the river. Peek into the numerous art galleries and curios shops selling antiques, memorabilia and souvenirs.
3) Immerse yourself into the culture by visiting the Chinese temples, Peranakan museums and and the numerous clan houses. Scattered all around, especially in the Jonker Street area, you can simply stroll into another era. If you are lucky you can strike a conversation with the residents there.
4) Of course, how can you get away from the historical buildings that make Malacca really unique.
Fountain in from of Stadhuy's House
Christ Church Malacca
Church of St. Francis Xavier
A' Farmosa Fort
Chinese War Memorial at the foot of Bukit Cina
Hang Li Po Well (or King's Well)
5) Simply wander around the town with no real agenda and Malacca will surprise you with scenes of a bygone age guaranteed to bring back nostalgic memories of the good old days.
It is M.K. Wong's dream to visit at least 50 countries before his feet can carry him no more. With over 35 countries under his belt, M.K. is planning for his next escapade.